Saturday, December 3, 2011

Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne Oct 2011

I really love the landscape of RBGM, I know that the staff in the gardens are working hard to ensure that the beauty and function of the gardens remains at the forefront of the public experience...this is hard given economic and environmental pressures.

Anyway here are some pictures of some of the (very many) parts of the gardens I really love....

We were down there helping out for the second time with the vandalism inflicted on The Separation Tree, but more about that on another blog....

Lets see some trees......




When my parents bought their first house, a very old (circa 14th Century) farm house and converted cowshed, at the front of the house were two large copper beeches...I guess since these were the first trees I really thought about as being 'mine'...ever since beech trees (well copper beeches) have had a special place in my heart.






When coming to Melbourne there is always going to be a trip to me favourite Elm of all Elms....the Golden Elm at Punt Street...I am very envious of the people who live in the side streets and have this fabulous tree as their own little pocket of gold...












No comments:

Post a Comment