Friday, December 31, 2010

Sydney Centennial Park

Sticking with last posts' Sydney location I would just like to sing the praises of Centennial Park I had a wonderful time wandering around the parklands watching puppies racing across open grassed areas 

The Paddington gates to the parklands

It really can be a dog's life sometimes

some parts of the park are really quite traditionally formal, not unlike a British Royal Park;

An avenue of Melaleuca not far from the Paddington gates - probably part of an earlier carriage way
Cycleway and footpath flanked on both sides by a mixture of tree species

A short chain of ponds near the more formal herbaceous beds

in other parts I found myself wandering myself amongst a very beautiful patch of Melaleuca.




There were almost enough larger established trees to satisfy my obsession with Veteran Trees (there are never really enough!)




Even on the walk back into the city centre there were more wonderful fig trees to be in awe of;



Then there were some wonderfully well treed streets of some Sydney suburbs, spending most of my working life on the Gold Coast I wonder if Sydneysiders realise just how lucky and blessed they are to be able to walk along such canopied streets as these...mind you I know only too well of the complaints from car owners regarding the seasonal gifts from London Plane trees - its true I have little sympathy for them..such debris is part and parcel of plant growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment